View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Well, it happened. Exactly 2 weeks after getting the car.

I decided STUPIDLY to get a car wash to just "treat myself" since it's so cold out (for us West Coasters at least ), found the best reviewed hand wash in town.

....and it fast tracked my fear....

I now have a VERY SWIRLED BLACK CAR! YAY! Swirled up the yin yang (only visible in bright light, of course).

I never took my white car to a wash.... why did I my black car? Because I'm an idiot.

So now I get to either not care about the appearance so much or I gotta do a paint correction. There's a nice little swirly mark on the shadowline gloss trim on my rear window (the piece that goes vertically and separates the rear window with the Hoffmeister Kink), and I'm thinking of using that as an excuse to get some real CF B-Pillar trim pieces added to my car. Anyone ever do or see this on a black F10 with shadowline? Not sure if it would look nice by adding some contrast or if it would break up the cleanliness of all that black on my side profile (i.e now all black windows, paint, B Pillar trim, etc.).

Aside from that I took my anger out on the car. Got sideways twice.... haven't done that in like 10 years. MAN this car likes it when you're mad, it loves the abuse, and damn does it like to go and go quickly in Sport+ with SAT and the lovely N55. This is the first car I've ever had where I barely care about appearance. The dirtier/swirlier it gets the more I'm gonna beat the crap out of an exploit its virtues. Best part is it got better gas mileage while getting wailed on then my 2011 E350 did when I drove it like a Grandpa around town.

Last edited by K-A; 01-13-2013 at 07:13 PM.