View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Yeah...you're right...BMW's heavy steering is the way it should be and the true performance marques have it all go wrong.

You may prefer BMW's heavier steering but it does not in any objective way make it better.

I'm sure Ferrari is working on a way to make their steering heavier so it can be as good as BMW's.
But of course
Seriously, what is done is not always obvious. Sacrificies are made all the time. Throttle response and linearity is being traded for more hp, TQ and fuel efficiency. A 911 GT2 is faster than a GT3 but is it better? In day to day driving grip level is very important but Ferrari and Porsche etc. are willing to trade some of it for other traits that can make it faster around a track etc. You got a point though there are many aspects and which to select is down to preferences and maybe I put higher value on grip communication than for example yourself. It's all good but I still stand by my original assessment that the Cayenne's steering is not as nicely weighted as the X5's. In the end it's just something you should pay attention to when comparing the two since it is very different. To me it's a con to you it's a pro but it was my assessment. On a whole I whole heartily recommend it. It's an awesome truck. I bought one.

Last edited by solstice; 01-13-2013 at 08:38 PM.