View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Donkeybike?

Mein Auto: HP2Sport - R1200GS - F30
Vehicle Details: 2013 328i RWD Sportline w/DHP

Tire Brand and Type Being Reviewed: ContiSportContact 2 SSR (Self Supporting Runflat) - Max Performance Summer tire

Tire Size: 225/45R18

Is this tire a "Run Flat" model: Yes

Approximate Miles Driven on New Tires: 900 Miles

I Would Recommend These Tires: Meh...

Currently not so Detailed Tire Review: I've driven on more sets of tires than I can remember and this is the first set of tires that tramlines right out of the box. I gotta say that's pretty bad and am not impressed. Usually it takes my summer performance tires several tens of thousands of miles to get to that point. I can usually make a set last anywhere from 20k to 40k miles. I'd say most start tramlining at around the 75% done mark. These did it from day one.

I haven't taken them to the racetrack yet so I can't comment on their track performance. When I do, I'll try to remember to update this thread at that point.

I'm also still under break-in so when I get to stretch their legs (and when ambient temps come this summer) I will be able to give a different perspective on these tires, I hope! If summer comes and these tires still suck I may be ditching them before they wear out, as many a previous fun-flat, I mean, run-flat tire owner has done.

Last edited by SergioK; 01-13-2013 at 08:51 PM.