View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan 550xi
I'm it sure the exact part number for the cable itself... However here is the part numbers for the stuff that was ordered, there was however a video switcher that was needed in my car because of the setup... I don't have that part umber handy right now but here is the other 3 part numbers

51-16-9-177-572 bracket for DVD changer (I suspect each car would have a different one based on install location so double check your requirements) cdn list $81
65-12-9-272-349 DVD changer retro (I was told that this kit had the required cable) cdn list $1450
65-12-2-183-731 retrofit kit cdn list $93

I would check real oem see if thy have more details as to what's in these parts as a second source of confirmation for your need.

I update this post with the video switcher part number I needed to add for this to work in my car when I find that invoice

I should add that they assign some programming to to the car to enable the DVD changer... I don't know exactly what they did to enable it as they installed it for me, it was a little surprising that any programming needed to be done to enable it. I should have paid better attention it I thought I saw a DVD changer iconic the source selection that was greyed out before they added the changers....

Last edited by bmguy; 01-13-2013 at 09:58 PM.