View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Leasing costs more than buying. Are you the King of the 80's Stereotypes or what?

Your out-of-pocket on your car since Fall of 2006 is $42,540 minus the $4,800 it's worth today if you sold it or $37,740. That's a monthly payment of $449 per month.

My out-of-pocket leasing my cars since Fall of 2006 is $50,820 or $605 per month.

I've spent $13,080 more than you have in the same time period, could buy 3 of your 2007 328i's for that much if I wanted to.

I'm not sure if you're living in a time warp or if things in Canada are just bass-ackwards. Either way, please stop commenting in a thread about options and features on a car that you have no knowledge of, just a bunch of twisted 2003 type thoughts that aren't relevant or factual anymore. You're giving prospective new owners the wrong impression of the car and really bad advice, especially about what the base model drives and handles like.

BJ
You are not very good in finance either. First of all, you paid more, but bmw also gave you few cars instead of just one. Second, you paid more because you're paying interest. becasue in essense you borrowed the purchase price from the bmw financial, and you pay them back in monthly payments and then at the end by returning the car. It's a fairly simple amortization schedule if you're familiar with it. When your lease is over BMW owns your car and most likely has to sell at a car auction at whatever it brings in. They would much rather get a check from you upfront for the full purchase price. The interest built in to your payments also reflects the risk of the car overdepreciating when the lease is over. So you paid BMW to retain the risk of ownership. Anytime financial risk can be eliminated is good for business, as it removes uncertainty. Long term reliability and long term owners are important as it has direct effect on what they get for the car when your lease is over.

Last edited by PK2348; 01-13-2013 at 09:53 PM.