View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
I don't know about you but I live in one of the most expensive counties in the country and I can drive 10 minutes and see over a dozen BMW's, MB's, the works.

But I can also drive 20 minutes and see a neighborhood where the newest car is from 1999 and there's not a luxury car in sight. I drive through and people are looking at me like I arrived from outer space.

I don't know if it's funny or frightening how out of touch with reality some of the posters in here are when it comes to what the typical American family looks like.

BJ
Yep, some people are totally clueless and absolutely have no idea what the macro economic realities are in this county.

There is a reason why the overwhelming majority of people buy used cars instead of new cars. And there is a reason why the top selling cars are the Camry, Civic, Corolla, Malibu and Fusion. It's money, or the lack thereof. The masses are buying cars for $25,000 or under.

You can't get into a BMW 3 Series without paying atleast $40,000. A $40,000 car is way out-of-sight for most 90% of the population.