View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
I run a $300M division of a Fortune 500 company, have a dual-income SVP wife, own two homes, have 4 kids whose college funds are secured, am on track for an early retirement mid-50's, have no debt whatsoever (aside from minimal mortgages for tax purposes), and have a 7-figure net worth that makes me blush. So, yeah, I think I am actually "very good in finance" thank you very much. Might want to think twice before insulting strangers on the internet next time.

Your rambling high-school version of how leasing works is really thoughtful of you, but you're proving my entire point: If you pay more you can get a new car every 3 years, eliminate the loss of owning a depreciating asset, and eliminate the variability of service and repairs completely. Those who buy a $45,000 BMW, keep it for 7+ years, and then sell it off are the ones who are being thrifty, driving the financial equivalent of a $20,000 car for that span. Lecture them. Tell them that they're in over their heads, shouldn't be owning a BMW they really can't afford.

BJ
This is too funny. I have to agree with a previous post in which you were referred to as a certain staff member of a travelling circus.