View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 535Xi, 2006 X3 (wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisT.O.pher View Post
..... I was impressed by the performance of the Haldex AWD ..... I didn't experience the XDrive to any real degree

..... What about the audio? That's important to me. And iDrive? .....

Anything else I should know or think about?
I'm curious by what you mean when you say you were impressed by the Volvo's AWD but did not experience BMW's AWD. Can you please elaborate?

I have not driven the Volvo, but we own a 2011 (F25) X3 35i and the AWD is transparent in normal driving. Our X3 drives like a tall, sporty sedan, not like an SUV.

Regarding the audio, we have the optional, upgraded audio system and really really like it. It is noticeably better and more enjoyable than the standard audio that came in our previous 2006 X3.

On the iDrive, I would not leave home without it. I like iDrive and find it very easy and intuitive to use.

Regarding anything else- we liked our previous 2006 X3 but the ride was on the stiff side and the 5 speed AT was reliable and trouble free, but the gearing was too widely spaced for the power band of it's engine. Our new X3 has a much better ride quality, a much more responsive drive train, and in my opinion handles better than our '06. The new X3 has dynamic handling, sport AT, and sport steering while the '06 had optional 18" wheels but did not have the sport package.

Bruce