View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM

Mein Auto: 325xi
Question Want to purchase an X3 - Scared out of my wits

Hi everyone,

I'm a newb on the forum but this will be my 3rd Bimmer preceded by a 318ti and a 325xi. I did a few cosmetic mods to my E46 all because of the generosity of people posting a myriad DIYs on E46fanatics, so in turn, I did several posts of my own. I'm so glad to find this forum from jdauria from Bimmerforums !

I really want [madly, desperately, in love sort-of] to get a '04-'06 X3 but the first two we test drove both had mold in the rear foot rest area. After spending about 6 hours reading forums I'm honestly freaked out! It seems really scary and expensive to buy an X3 and potentially have to deal with a permanently leaking moonroof and have no real definite fix, short of covering the roof with clear 3M tape!

I now know will have to run a hose test on these, to be sure they are ok, but I'd like to hear from some experienced forum member on what I can do to minimize my chances of buying a future Koi pond (as one member said). I'm also scared that the sunroof leaks are possibly permanent on some models ! Yikes !!!

I'm forever grateful for any advice. The X3 drives amazingly and I really hope I can find the right one! I just want to make sure I'm well versed in the surprises that will come my way and buy with a logical mind, instead of my heart.

Thefys

... "someone who makes noises for a living" [Un-named software engineer at Electronic Arts]

Me :
Advertisement