View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:27 AM
BMW Platinum VisaŽ Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfox335i View Post
The 335 isn't going anywhere.

The 328 doesn't touch the 335 in regards to performance. I don't care about 60 times and the quarter, however in regards to driving feel, the 328 was laggy and weak, which was the primary reason I went with the 335 over the 328.

This model doesn't make much sense to me either, 4K drop for losing 60HP? I don't get it, but I understand BJs point. It allows those on the fence for a 328, an option to still get into a new BMW. I still say, if you can't afford the 3 series, drop to a 1, or find something else to drive.
Regarding the 335i, your guess is as good as mine. One way to look at this is that the 4 Series is a step up line as well. So perhaps the 335i will only be available in the 4 and not the 3. You never know.

$4,000 is a big deal as is $33,000 price point. Cadillac has its Buick. Acura has its Honda. Lexus has its Toyota. BMW has no step-down brand so it has to do the heavy lifting itself. What I thought might be the 2 Series sedan may never happen now. What would that cost, $25,000?

Very interesting indeed.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House