Thread: Cooling System
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: BMW 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpcpro View Post
SF: My car is running great now.. I don't have a leak. Wijji sent me a movie of his fan which I posted on here, it was screaming. Mine barely even spins up to the point where you could hear it.. Anyway, I dropped $600 on a new one this weekend and I just got back right this minute from testing it for over an hour. The car is staying no higher than 103c! At idle it will go as high as 105c but not a degree over. So my cooling system is running fine. Plus, I have absolutely strong stream from vent hose.

Now that the system is running like normal I would like to obviously make it run cooler. We have asked you countless times for the information on the tstat. We've even offered to pay for the information. I have absolutely no problem helping with the latest issues, and figuring this out, I won't even take any of the credit, as it's all on you for figuring it out. But everyday, like you said that we drive our cars at 105c we are ruining them.
That's nice, but what matters is lower hose temp: if it stays at 65-70 when idling, it's good enough.
Here is what we need:
I saw similar design in Subaru, but would be nice to check whole bunch of tstats if smbdy works at parts store.
Bc aluminum housing is quite expensive to manufacture, all we need is this element.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1358185475.617697.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	357662