View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 645ci
I took my car in Saturday to the dealership to have the recall done on the battery cap/cable issue. They tested my battery and said I had a bad cell and needed to replace the battery. Makes sense with what's going on although I still don't understand why twice when I tested the battery it read it was good as did the alternator. Anywho...he quoted me a price of 450 to install the battery and program it to the car. I told him no thank you, I have an appointment with a local Indy mech to get it checked out Tuesday morning (battery replacement and install $250-300)....he then seriously tried to tell me there was no way this Indy mech could properly program the battery to my car because he doesn't have the correct machinery/software or whatever to do so. He said they have 4 $85,000 machines in there shop ( said the name of the machine was otis or itis) to do the necessary programming and he guarantees an Indy mech doesn't have these or whatever is necessary. Sounds like a load of bs to me...right??? I also asked him about my brake light being on. When I installed my brake pads I put akebono ceramics on it and the sensor didn't seem to fit very snug. When I reset the service interval I got an error that the service was -9000 past due for the front and -15000 for the rear or vice versa. He said this is because the sensors don't fit aftermarket brakes...also sounds like bs and they can't be bypassed (contrary to what I've read on the net) for safety reasons. He said you can only go with the OEM brake pads or you will have to deal with the brake light, there's no way around it. Also said the aftermarket brakes will end up burning up my rotors. Sorry for the extremely long post, just need some feedback here on these issues. Thanks!