View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
Yep, some people are totally clueless and absolutely have no idea what the macro economic realities are in this county.

There is a reason why the overwhelming majority of people buy used cars instead of new cars. And there is a reason why the top selling cars are the Camry, Civic, Corolla, Malibu and Fusion. It's money, or the lack thereof. The masses are buying cars for $25,000 or under.

You can't get into a BMW 3 Series without paying atleast $40,000. A $40,000 car is way out-of-sight for most 90% of the population.
You missed my point. You can get into a BMW for $400 a month. That's the same as a Camry or what the F150 the guy fixing your toilet drove. Of course there are people who cannot afford any car payment but that's not part of the discussion. I don't see any point comparing a new car to a 1986 Olds Cutlass. NTTAWWT. My commuting car is closer to that and I love it. And -- I cast no judgment on people based on what they own or can afford, and I am not saying anyone here does either.

Some people are fooled into thinking a 3 series is a status symbol. It ain't. Great handling car for a reasonable price. Ain't no big deal.

Last edited by pony_trekker; 01-14-2013 at 12:39 PM.