View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfox335i View Post
It would help to know what your budget is, otherwise knowing what to strip out to get into your budget is impossible. What monthly payment are you comfortable with? I would figure that out, and then remove whatever options get you into that range. Also, if a well equipped 3-series is out of your budget, then perhaps consider getting a 1-series instead. A fully loaded 128i comes it quite a bit lower, and you can get a well optioned 135i, or even a 135is under 50k.

I would keep the highlighted ones. Also, as someone else stated, you can get into a nicely equipped 335 for a price close to this, and some of these options are standard (ex. lighting) on a 335. If there are any additional keeps, I would go with the parking. I have the DA package instead of the Parking, and I would have preferred to have the PDC and RVC.

For the tranny, skip the AT, and go with the 6MT. You're getting a sport line. drive it like a sports car. Also, remove the X-drive and go with RWD. Save 2K right there.
Its nice to get back to the OP's subject matter instead of all this talk about money BS, who's got what. Who really cares what anybodies financial status is I know I don't its not doing me any good one way or another.
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats