View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
CUE got bad reviews by most reviewers, interestingly almost everyone who bought the ATS liked it after getting used to it. I think this is one of those new things people have to be willing to learn to use, or not.

I suspect more guys are willing to play with it than ladies though
A "modern" system that is designed so the driver has to take his hand off the wheel and eyes off the road to try to touch virtual target in a moving car jiggling over a rough road. What could possibly go wrong? At the Cadillac event I went to the first thing the grey haired men looking at the car at the same time I was (the only other people looking at it) noticed about the CUE screen was that it was covered in fingerprints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
Excellent choice by a group of unbiased knowledgeable experts who obviously put a lot of thought and research into . , , , , , , , ,

Oh wait, Cadillac won? Not BMW?

That clueless, inept and incompetent group of fools were obviously bribed.

The ATS is car for old people. I recently had the opportunity to sit in an ATS at an Auto show, I looked in the rear view mirror and was shocked to see that there was some old fart sitting in the car. I was even more shocked when I realized I was looking at my own reflection,

CA
Who was on the jury? North American journalists, it would seem. The ATS's popularity kind of reminds me of the popularity of a certain Johnny-come-lately politician. It's new, exciting, and unexpected. Reviewers are very taken with the idea of it, even if the reality is actually less. The ATS is good. That is true. But, I think the current reaction to it here in the U.S. has more to do with automotive types' excitement and glee at the fact that it is produced by a U.S. automaker than the actual reality of the car. btw - yes, I have actually driven the car.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 01-14-2013 at 04:18 PM.