View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:00 PM
BMW Freak

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Apparently you do not understnd the difference between a flash tune and a piggy back. As stated earlier in this thread, a piggy back send false data to the comp through the sensor relays making the comp increase certain things such as boost. This has an end result of more power and torque in a roundabout way. A flash tune goes into your ECU and rewriites the data tables to give you a complete tune.
I'm with ramble here. I'm not new to piggyback tuning, I had an apex i fuel management piggyback computer on a 600 whp car and I didn't liked the way the piggyback system works, fooling the ECU by giving false sensor readouts for the computer to compensate with more boost and fuel. Needles to say I change to a standalone setup (MOTEC)

By the OE tuning flash been only a $136 diference from burger tuning stage 2 is a no brainier for me, and hopefully OE also changed the cooling maps like Dinan, that will be a big plus. I respect others decitions in choosing burger tuning, I guess that is a good thing having different types of tunes to choose for. To each their own

2011 535i (07/2011 build) Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black Interior, Anthracite Wood Trim, ZSP, ZPP, ZP2, ZCV, 2TB, 6NF, 6NR.

Retired: 2009 328i,Titanium Silver, Black Interior, Dark Wood Trim, ZPP, ZLP, 609, 494, AAW Tune.

Last edited by Mr. Grumpy; 01-14-2013 at 04:01 PM.