View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 PM
wooohooo

Mein Auto: '08 335i coupe 6MT sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingbimmer View Post
Thank you! As of today, I have the verdict: what's burned out is my "roadside parking lamp/tail lamp" according to the Owner's Manual, labeled lamp #2 in the diagram. "If one of the bulbs 2, 5 or 6 malfunctions, please contact your BMW center or a workshop that works according to BMW repair procedures with correspondingly trained personnel," is what it says underneath as well. I delved into it a bit, thinking maybe I could fix it myself and did some troubleshooting, and all of my other lights work fine, it was mostly the brake light and turn signal that I was worried about, so that's a relief that they're in good shape. On the other hand, that "roadside parking lamp" looks like a royal pain in the ass to remove from what I saw when I took the cover in the cargo bay off to look at it, and the part is going to have to be ordered as it is not a standard bulb that the dealership carries (checked Autozone as well just in case). Anyway, that concludes my tail light fiasco for now, until I can get it looked at tomorrow and *hopefully* fixed by the end of the week!
I'm not sure what lights you're talking about, but if the E90 is anything like the E92, the light modules are very easy to remove, and they were relatively affordable, at least for me. The shipping gets me, but per module it was like $16 I think for the outer ones. Maybe if I grab my old thread, you can see what it's like to access the modules/bulbs.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=30

FWIW, I've never had a bulb go out, but I've got dash warnings twice now. I'm chalking it up to a combo of high resistance reading and/or poltergeist. I apologize if I'm not understanding what's going on, but I rather catch you before you pay for things than after, good luck with it and thanks for the pics.