View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 535Xi, 2006 X3 (wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisT.O.pher View Post
Thanks, Bruce.

To clarify my point about the Volvo and BMW AWD experiences, I really didn't have a chance to push the X3 in a way that demonstrated its capabilities. When I drove the XC60 however, I parked with the passenger side in sand/gravel and the driver's side on semi-wet pavement. Then, I put the accelerator through the floor and experienced almost no wheel spin. Within 20-30 yards, I was able to effortlessly merge onto pavement without having to let up and did so with full traction.

Admittedly, this isn't the best way to test either vehicle but when you're on city streets and you've got the sales guy in the back seat, you're bet to keep the lid on.

Maybe there's a better way?
Thank you, I was curious.

That test was not offered to us and we never thought of it when we test drove the X3 last summer.

We did drive an X5 on the off road course at the Performance Center and that was quite an experience.

Bruce