View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBecker View Post
Has anyone used a reporting module like Allstate's DriveWise or Progressive's SnapShot? These things are OBD monitors that report the vehicle's dynamics daily to, presumably, provide a discount to safer drivers.

I've joined Allstate's program and just plugged the thing in - and haven't gone anywhere yet so there's nothing to see - but one can apparently look at the collected data online anytime and, of course, so can they, that's the point. Just joining yielded a 10% discount and, based on one's driving, they provide up to 30% discounts on the insurance premium. It'll be interesting to see what data is reported and to what detail.

Meanwhile, the thing is precariously plugged into the ODB port near the left leg - just waiting to get side-kicked, I think - and the color is horrendous against my black interior. I doubt that I'll want it there for long.

Anyone have experience with it?
Talk about an invasion of privacy all for the sake of a slight discount I would never even remotely contemplate such a device
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)