View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 550ix MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
I'm getting mixed reviews on the DWS... On TireRack reviews they mention that the sidewalls are too soft causing steering response being slower.
Any comments from some of you that already had them for a while?
Kzang,

Agree with ndabunka Learned everything about the Conti DWS at xbimmers forum. Drove the OEM RFT for about 250 miles then changed to Conti DWS. I know it was only 250 miles, but wife likes the Conti DWS better than the Bridgestone (after 1500 miles). I read most of the reviews about the 20" OEM RFT and decided to order the X5 with a spare tire. As for the Tire Rack reviews for the Conti DWS, most of the reviews are for sedans. I didn't have much options for the 20" and Conti was the only tire maufacturer that have the 60-day customer satisfaction trial and 1 year Road Hazard Warranty. As for the OEM RFT, I'll put them back on 6 months before lease end.

If you decide to purchase Conti DWS, purchase from Sam's Club. For $15 per tire, you get install/balance/flat fix/additional road hazard warranty/tire rotation if all 4 are square for as long as you are a member. Or until the tire warranty runs out.

2013 550ix M Sport - AW/Black
2013 X5 50i M Sport - Carbon Black/Cinn (Wife)
2010 550i M Sport - AW/Black (Sold)
2007 530i Sport - AW/Auburn ED on 2/19/07 (Retired)
2001 740iL Sport - Anthracite/Beige (Retired)