View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:52 PM
wooohooo

Mein Auto: '08 335i coupe 6MT sport
Unless you feel pretty secure about who is doing the job . . . I gotta ask, you're replacing this not because you have a big crack running through it, but because there is simply some pitting, a small handful of chips, maybe tiny ones? I just wonder if you could have most of the pitting and/or chips repaired by a professional using an optical grade cerium oxide polish, and/or certain chip repair kits, it's just something to look into. I have an Invisible Glass kit that I have on hand just in case I got a doozie one day, and that I want to catch it as fast as possible before cracking spreads or something. Of course I'd rather that it was off in the periphery rather than dead ahead straight, but anyway, good luck!

As for tinting, I wonder what the visible light transmission rating is on the tints that you're interested in. Because some aftermarket windshield tints from Llumar for example range in the ballpark from 78-85%. If the difference is small, at least you have the option, if the difference is big, it's something you'd have to think about.