View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 01:02 PM

Mein Auto: x3,x5
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...660&highlight=

I did the same DWS swap in my 20 inch setup. FANTASTIC SWITCH and FANTASTIC TIRE, I completely agree, it's a different car.

11leven, maybe you got a manufacturer's defect, a bad install/balance, or maybe have an underlying suspension or wheel issue? Whatever the reason, you seem to be the minority experience even across other forums for different brands and models using this same DWS's, generally they are well loved by most! I'm sorry it didn't work out.

Posts 9 and 12 in the above thread talks about my experience in snow so far. If you live in a very rugged area with lots of snow, snow tires are certainly nice (although, I lived on the Canadian border for about 5 years with all seasons and front wheel drive, so I can't say "necessary"). However, for most of us, good all season's are absolutely more then competent.

On another note, I have no spare. So I've elected to add a mobility/repair kit under the floor in the back of the car. Other manufacturer's have eliminated the spare tire and only provide similar mobility kits, so no spare tire is becoming a more and more common occurrence anyway.