View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Bond Girl

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemycar View Post
I'm not sure what lights you're talking about, but if the E90 is anything like the E92, the light modules are very easy to remove, and they were relatively affordable, at least for me. The shipping gets me, but per module it was like $16 I think for the outer ones. Maybe if I grab my old thread, you can see what it's like to access the modules/bulbs.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=30

FWIW, I've never had a bulb go out, but I've got dash warnings twice now. I'm chalking it up to a combo of high resistance reading and/or poltergeist. I apologize if I'm not understanding what's going on, but I rather catch you before you pay for things than after, good luck with it and thanks for the pics.
Thanks a bunch for posting your old thread, from what it looks like, removing the E92 light module was very similar to what I encountered today. I was able to pop it out relatively easily after removing the cover inside the trunk with a flathead screwdriver. Initially the dealership wanted me to order the entire module, but the entire module was not what needed to be replaced - I proved this to them by whipping out my Owner's Manual and physically showing them when we walked out to the car - it was just the one burned out bulb in the center which needed to be ordered since they didn't carry it. It's going to cost me about $4, from what the service manager told me, and I can expect it to come in tomorrow afternoon . Thanks again for the tips and for the compliment.

"Just the thing for unwinding after a rough day at the office."
BMW CCA Member 473595

2009 E90 Alpine White | Saddle Brown | Sport | Premium | Comfort Access | iDrive | Steptronic | Super Fantastic | Bavarian Beast

Last edited by cruisingbimmer; 01-15-2013 at 03:42 PM.