View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:35 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post

I predict BMW dealers are going to order the 320i in droves....and then sell them in droves.
No question, this should be the best-selling BMW in America.

And while we debate engines, the reality is that most car buyers just want a new car and they want it off the lot. I can't tell you how many 535i M-Sport and 335i M-Sport cars I see on the road every day driven by 55 year old moms. They're not enthusiasts, just impatient buyers.

The 320i does three things from a business standpoint. First, clearly, is it sets a new pricepoint to get more customers into the showrooms. Second, it allows people to trade up to a 328i for some of the goodies you can't get on the 320i, will sell more of those too. Thirdly, for those that come in for the $299 lease special who don't want to wait three months for delivery, they can be coaxed into $349 a month for the 328i sitting on the lot and ready to drive away today.

It's as much a marketing ploy to drive traffic to dealerships at competitors expense as it is a way to sell cheap BMW's.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®