View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 PM
BMW Platinum VisaŽ Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapdolee View Post
AAAAAHHHH

I called this number, entered my production number and it said its scheduled for production with no set production date. I talked to a representative and he told me the same thing. The dealer hasn't responded to me yet... What should I do...
Call other dealers in your area immediately, see what allocation spots they currently have open.

If they can give you an allocation with a production of, say, next week at the same or lower price as your original deal, take it. You don't have any responsibility to your dealer at all until the car arrives from overseas. You don't lose any money here. If anything, finding another car at another dealer will give your current dealer the kick in the ass he needs to do right by you. The bigger the dealership, the more allocations they get. Perhaps you're with a small-time dealer and he's just pushing you out. You shouldn't stand for that.

My friend in SoCal that had this happen to him wound up having two of the identical car arrive from two different dealers two weeks apart. He took the one that came in first, cancelled the other order, done. When I ordered my E93 years back, my dealer had an allocation that was going into production the next day, literally took my order and sent it to Germany and within 20 hours my car was being assembled.

Waiting around for your dealer to get your car produced is wrong. Be aggressive, force the issue with him or another dealer. It's how it's played.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House