View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
I don't expect it to be a great time selling them. It's bad enough now trying to configure/order cars for stock with all of the lines and packages. The combinations number in the thousands. And now, were going to add a whole 'nother car to the mix? Just imagine trying to sell from stock...

It used to be so much easier. It is brutal nowadays. And with the current glut of inventory, and all of these offerings, combined with buyers who are unwilling to wait 60-90 days for a custom order, and selling for invoice or less. The caliber of qualified CA's is sure to continue to drop.
Just like Caddy using the 2.5L as a talking point, but mainly to sell the 2.0T, BMW is no different. The 320i is not any cheaper to manufacture than the base 328i, why give up $4k profit when you are selling the F30 by $10k a month?

For one, get the young buyers in the family, who otherwise will not even consider walking in the BMW showroom, for another, get people in the door with the $30k price, and sell them 328i or 335i.