View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebee View Post
These may help:
- Vapor barriers: Sealant for door panel vapor barriers (1) & sizes for the adhesive (1)
Thanks for the help! I appreciate you taking the time to post links. I think I am going to skip out on the butyl tape and just use silicone adhesive for at least the bottom edge of the vapor barriers. This will be my 3rd time doing this job so I think everyone can understand that I really don't want to have to do it again. I am fairly confident that the silicone sealant will seal. Also it looks like I should pull up the rear carpet to check for water? These doors have been leaking the whole time i've had the car (2 years) and who knows how long before I had it as the previous owner didn't exactly care much about the car. Pulling the carpet up in the back wouldn't be that hard to do, but pulling the carpet up in the front seems much harder no? Do you think it is really needed to pull up the carpet and dry it out? Or can I get away with parking the car in the garage with the doors open to allow it to air out?