View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 imola red 740i Sport
Ferodo makes good stuff. Pretty sure it is the DOT 4 ESP (low vis) you want. If they come with shims, use them. Only lube in the right spots (look it up in Bentley, etc). Between those two, the metal masters and deluxe, and based on what your requirements where in the original post I would choose the metal masters. Don't forget the bed the pads once installed and once the rotors are in place, clean the pad contact surface really well with brake cleaner. They are shipped with an anti corrosion coating on them that you want to remove.

Bit of a side note.... I see a lot of people say something to the order of 'you don't need low-vis fluid, been running the other stuff for years no issues'. While you may not 'need' the low vis, I have personally seen the tests of various stability control system running both in cold conditions. The degredation of performance is in the multiples of magnatude between standard and low vis. Stuff is really just as good and the system is designed to help save your life so why not!

Last edited by rdorman; 01-16-2013 at 09:07 AM.