View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpenM3 View Post
I really didn't have any intentions of doing any mods to my car, hell it's a lease. I was just wondering what route others would go if they had that goal in mind. I actually started this thread the day before I took delivery of my car, and that was the first time I had driven a f10. I ordered it without even test driving it! So now that I have some miles under my belt, I now realize just how large this car is. It's big, and it's long. So I now understand why others simply don't put this car and cone racing in the same sentence. So now I think I will do what I've wanted to do for some time, and what you suggested above, and try to think more about getting a dedicated racer for the weekends.
First - GREAT COLOR! Between that and the front tag (I still have mine on) I thought you stole my car!

I would have to disagree with you on size, its a matter of getting used to it. When I was the PCD I had some track time on a 550 and while it does take more patience and effort on the driver to put the car through its paces, the F10 is certainly capable.

yes, a smaller car is probably always going to be easier but that is true of every car - a go-cart goes great around a track.