Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
Wrapping up the 2013 North American International Auto Show

pix335i
Enthusiast

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by pix335i

BMW 4 series coupe

We were live at the 2013 North American International Auto Show this week to witness the introduction of numerous new and exciting models from BMW. While the 4 Series Concept Coupe was the star of the show, the surprise introduction of a new entry level 3 Series also made some waves. Read on to see what we saw in our time at the show or skip on over to the 500+ picture photo gallery!

BMW 4 series coupe

BMW Concept 4 Series Coupe: more elegant, more dynamic, more individual
The BMW Concept 4 Series Coupe, celebrating its world premiere in Detroit, offers an early glimpse ahead to the next generation of BMW's sporting mid-range Coupe. With its flowing elegance and powerful presence, the new BMW 4 Series range represents the epitome of aesthetic and dynamic appeal in the premium segment and underpins the brand's leadership aspirations in the global marketplace.

The new BMW Concept 4 Series Coupe is visibly larger than the BMW 3 Series Coupe in terms of length, width and wheelbase, while the roofline is considerably lower. Headlined by these perfectly balanced proportions, the new BMW Coupe embodies a development curve at its zenith. However, the "4" is about more than just a standalone design; it also boasts a new level of sporting dynamics, greater exclusivity and even clearer differentiation from the BMW 3 Series range.

The alluring interior exudes cutting-edge luxury, with elaborate details and exquisite materials sharing centre stage. Here again, the BMW Concept 4 Series Coupe reveals a spectrum of qualities set amid new dimensions and underlines the brand's ambitions through its unrelenting pursuit of perfection.

Read more about the BMW 4 Series Coupe

BMW 4 series coupe

BMW 3 Series 320i - The Newest 3 Series

BMW opened the latest chapter in the 3 Series story as it announced the new 2013 BMW 320i Sedan for the US market. Constructed with the near-perfect 50:50 balance afforded by BMW rear-wheel drive and priced from $33,445 (including $895 Destination & Handling), the new BMW 320i packs a content-rich punch in the marketplace for premium compact sport sedans. Sporting a 180-horsepower TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine, the new BMW 320i Sedan goes on sale in late-Spring 2013. Along with the new 320i Sedan, the BMW 320i xDrive Sedan featuring BMWs intelligent all-wheel drive system will also be available from $35,445 (including $895 Destination & Handling). The broad palette of standard equipment includes Bluetooth smartphone integration and BMWs Auto Start-Stop function.

Owners will appreciate the incredibly flexible 8-speed automatic transmission, while drivers seeking maximum involvement may opt for a traditional 6-speed manual on the non-xDrive 320i. 17-inch BMW light alloy wheels are standard on the 320i and 320i xDrive, with two different styles of 18-inch light alloy wheels available in combination with Sport Package.

Read more about the BMW 3 Series 320i

BMW M6 Gran Coupe

BMW M6 Gran Coupe: athleticism and aesthetics in their purest form
BMW M will also unveil a third body variant of the BMW M6 high-performance sports car for the first time at the NAIAS 2013 in Detroit. The new BMW M6 Gran Coupe brings together the hallmark performance attributes of M cars within a handsome and sumptuous design. The extra room on board the four-door Coupe allows two rear passengers to bask in generous levels of spaciousness.

The impressive potential of the BMW M6 Gran Coupe is immediately apparent. Familiar M features underscore the car's bespoke styling inside and out. For example, leather trim with extended features and M sports seats with integral belt guides are the dominant themes in the interior's luxurious ambiance.

Under the bonnet lies a V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology developing 412 kW/560 hp and peak torque of 680 Newton metres (502 lb-ft). This impressive power is channelled to the rear wheels via a seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission with Drivelogic. Other stars of the show include the Active M Differential at the rear axle, an M-specific chassis, variable-ratio hydraulic steering and a high-performance compound braking system.

Read more about the BMW M6 Gran Coupe

new BMW Z4

The BMW Z4 Heads into the Future

New exterior features, detailed interior refinements, a new equipment package and a new entry-level engine variant allow the BMW Z4 to make an even more attractive and innovative case for itself in Detroit. Three new body colors are available exclusively with the Design Pure Traction option, which is also new. Meanwhile, black and orange tones create a particularly absorbing contrast of colors in the interior.

Additional scope for individualization is provided by new 17-inch and 18-inch light-alloy wheels and the optional M Sport package. And there is also the arrival of a new model variant to report; the BMW Z4 sDrive18i is powered by a 2.0-litre engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology developing 115 kW/156 hp. This new entry point to the Z4 range can also be ordered with an eight-speed automatic gearbox.

The selection of driver assistance systems and BMW ConnectedDrive mobility services available on board the BMW Z4 has also been expanded. If the Professional navigation system is specified, the ConnectedDrive Services option enables use of internet-based information and entertainment services inside the car.

BMW F31 3 series sport wagon

BMW 328i xDrive Sports Wagon

The new BMW 3 Series Sports Wagon offers the flexibility and utility of a premium wagon combined with the driving dynamics of a BMW. Slightly larger than its predecessor, the new 3 Series Sports Wagon features a noticeable increase in interior space and ten percent more cargo volume. The BMW 3 Series Sports Wagon also features BMW's award winning N20 4-cylinder TwinPower Turbo engine, which improves fuel efficiency by more than ten percent. It will also be the next model to offer BMW Lines as a way to tailor the car to individual tastes, just as with the Sedan, by choosing from a quartet of trim and equipment variants - the Sport Line, Luxury Line, Modern Line and M Sport Line.

Read more about the BMW F31 3 Series Sport Wagon

Everything Else at the Show

BMW i3 Concept

BMW i3 Concept

BMW i8 Concept

BMW i8 Concept

BMW X1 xDrive 28i

BMW X1

BMW X3 xDrive 35i

BMW X3

BMW X5 xDrive 35d

BMW X5

BMW X6 xDrive 50i

BMW X6

BMW 6 Series 650i

BMW 6 Series 650i

BMW 7 Series Active Hybrid

BMW 7 Series Active Hybrid
This article has been viewed 6392 times.
More about Wrapping up the 2013 North American International Auto Show

2013-BMW-NAIAS 12013-BMW-NAIAS 22013-BMW-NAIAS 32013-BMW-NAIAS 42013-BMW-NAIAS 52013-BMW-NAIAS 62013-BMW-NAIAS 72013-BMW-NAIAS 82013-BMW-NAIAS 92013-BMW-NAIAS 10