View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
First off, Week 4 January is next week so sounds like your issue is now solved (as best it can be at this point).

It's possible that you're in the same allocation with a coincidental date or its possible that he heard your frustration finally and bumped someone else's allocation to become yours. If he gave you an allocation number last month you can compare it with the allocation number of the Week 4 vehicle to confirm.

As others have said, you need to get a copy of the window sticker or VIR as a PDF from your dealer to confirm all the options you wanted on your configuration is there.

IMPORTANT: Is your car coming from Germany or South Africa? My friend in SoCal was originally in a SA vehicle and by switching to the German vehicle it saved him 2-3 weeks of additional waiting. Forgetting quality, if you're concerned about production time and shipping speed, you want a German car. Make sure that the allocation you have been given states that.

BJ
Thanks. Actually, in checking my emails again, the pdf document which the dealer sent me the day he ordered my car says Vehicle Inquiry Report on top so I guess that's the VIR. It does have all the correct options in there (M Sport, estoril blue, tech, etc.).

You mentioned that I should to cross check the allocation number the dealer may have given me when I ordered last month. The VIR I got before shows the production number but doesn't show any number that is titled allocation number. The production number is still the same. Does that mean my scheduled production date happened to be the same as the coincidental date of next week or is it still possible that the dealer bumped someone else's allocation number? If the allocation number isn't in the VIR, then I will ask my dealer for the number.

I was told before that mine was a German build. However, I'm worried that maybe the dealer took someone else's allocation number and mine somehow could become SA build?? I need to check into that again but I assumed it would still be German build.

I asked for the estimated time of arrival and dealer told me 7 weeks from the start of production. Is this normal? Sounds like a long time considering I read people here saying his car started production right after ordering and car arrived in 5 weeks. The out of state dealer that I'm working with is in Cali btw so that could shipment could take longer than coming straight to Texas. Plus, once the car reaches Cali, I have to get it transported to Texas so that could take.. I don't know.. a few extra days?

Thanks for your help.