View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 328i xdrive
Shopping for my first 3 Series

Hello all,

New member and first post - so sorry for the ignorance.

I am shopping for my first luxury car and the 3-series is at the top of my list. I am looking used 2009 or newer with as few kms as possible.

The other cars I am considering are a similar year A4, C300, and IS250 (all available in AWD if needed) - any thoughts on the closest comparison drive wise between these cars and the 328? I have driven a few BMWs and love the responsive feel and overall drivability of the car - but I have not had a chance to test drive the other models I am considering.

I have a few questions I was hoping you experts could answer:

First, I am in Canada (ontario) and we get a fair amount of snow - I am wondering for those of you who drive in the snow frequently is the x-drive mandatory or can you get away with the standard RWD and a good set of snow tires?

I am primarily looking at a 328i (because of the available x-drive) but could be persuaded to go to a 323 if x-drive is not mandatory for winter driving. Would it be ill advised to consider the 323 compared to the 328?

Also, as I am new to the world of BMW and luxury cars in general - are there any features on the BMW that are must haves? ie. Blue Tooth etc?

Cheers all
Advertisement