Thread: TPMS Question
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 X3.0si
With no disrespect intended to S/C above, who does have vast knowledge and is helpful to all of us on the forum - I will still say the 2009 X3 came with TPMS, and thus you should have a presser sensor on each wheel. I can say this because I have them on my 2008, and it came with the car (not an option thing, and it wouldnĎt be just in Ontario). At the time I didnít really want them, because it meant buying new sensors at extra cost (approx. $200) for winter tires with rims, but having said that, although itís not the most sophisticated system they are helpful and did show one day that presser was getting lower due to a small nail in the tread . ( I keep a presser gauge in the car so was able to determine I could make it to a tire repair place without a problem). There was no change in this regard from 08 to 09. The North American X3 originally came with the FTM system but changed to the TPMS in 06. I agree although it was/is not mandated in Canada to have them ( and the silver shaft doesnít mean anything) for what ever reason by 08 ( if not prior) thatís how they were sold here. ( unless removed for some reason)I havenít looked, but once the X3ís newer models started to come with only run flats, they probably joined the rest of the BMW group and went back to the FTM system .