View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 528, CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
My mom is in an Acura TL for $369 because in 2012 she couldn't get a 328i with a couple of basic options that were must-haves like a garage door opener and full memory seats.

With the 320i, she's in there comfortably. She's 73, doesn't need 275 horses, now she can trade them for Premium and Technology and have a couple grand to spare.

BJ
BJ, this doesn't make sense. Have you taken a look at what type of 328 sit on the dealer lots these days. I hate to tell you, but there are extremely few Sports and Luxury lines. Most are baseline autos with premium package. There are certain things that must be in a car at this price point. You NEED to add the premium package to the 320 to get a garage door opener and full memory seats (please look at the options). You also need to add leather. The pricing is way too similar and the savings in monthly payment for a lease isn't that much when you actually build the car BMWNA will build it.

Yeah, you can get the car for $34k...only it won't have wood, sunroof, memory seats, leather, etc. What is the point?