View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:46 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lined View Post
BJ, this doesn't make sense. Have you taken a look at what type of 328 sit on the dealer lots these days. I hate to tell you, but there are extremely few Sports and Luxury lines. Most are baseline autos with premium package. There are certain things that must be in a car at this price point. You NEED to add the premium package to the 320 to get a garage door opener and full memory seats (please look at the options). You also need to add leather. The pricing is way too similar and the savings in monthly payment for a lease isn't that much when you actually build the car BMWNA will build it.

Yeah, you can get the car for $34k...only it won't have wood, sunroof, memory seats, leather, etc. What is the point?
The build that my mother passed on, too expensive for her:

328i Auto $42,645
Premium
Heated Seats
PDC

The build that my mother would have taken if available:

320i Auto $38,595

Premium
Heated Seats

That's $4,000 less, a 10% savings, simply for trading off horsepower.

Now, if she wanted to put that back into the car, get to that same $42,645 level as the 328i, her build would have looked like this:

320i Auto $42,595
Premium Package
Driver Assistance Package
Lighting Package
Navigation
BMW Assist
Enhanced Bluetooth & USB
Heated Seats

So, instead of running to Acura, she'd have had two choices:

1. Get a 320i with the same options, save $4,000

2. Get a 320i with extra options Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Navigation, BMW Assist, Enhanced Bluetooth & USB for the same money.

And that's the entire point. As I said in the first post, it allows someone to either hit a $299 monthly payment practically stripped -or- to hit a $399 monthly payment fully loaded.

The 320i is a $4,300 Performance Delete Option that allows someone to trade off horsepower for gobs of goodies. It's a very smart move. Would have kept my mom from Acura, thousands of other moms too.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 01-16-2013 at 08:47 PM.