View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 528, CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
There's a $2,750 difference in price between the two cars you built, when you correct for one having metallic paint and the other one not.

What makes you think any fewer 320i buyers will opt for the very affordable sport package than E46 325i buyers, which had very similar engine output and performance numbers? Especially when the price difference becomes $3,950 between a 320i sport package model v a 328i Sport line model.
Yeah, I should have compared metallic paint to metallic. Still the lease payment will not be significant enough to draw in as many new customers as you may think once the numbers are crunched.

Yes, the sports package is quite a bargain on the 320 for what you get. Yes, buyers might have jumped all over this...if this was 1999. I don't have the data, but how many 3 series sold actually have the sports "line" nowadays? What good is a sports package if the car is under-powered by today's standards. But yes, i do agree with you and the sports packaged 320 may be the only thing that actually makes sense in this scenario. However, this will only effect (or is it affect) ~1% of actual sales.