View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e46, X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
I actually kinda like the way it looks. The unfortunate reality though is that they have once again managed to disappoint. Lexuses look good and by looking at them you'd think they'd be fun to drive. Get in and it's like riding in an elevator. BORING.
Lexus engineers claim they have engineered this car from the ground up for better handling and performance, and it does seem they have been having some success in this regard.

For example, many, many reviewers agree that the Lexus GS is a very worthy competitor to the current 5 series, with equal or better handling, but much better reliability.

Not sure how you can pan this car when you haven't driven it....

I agree the front end on the F-sport is pretty ugly, the non-f sport model is fine.

But the interior, especially the quality of materials, is head and shoulders above the current three series (I just sat in both yesterday at Detroit Auto show, press preview).

Plus, this car will be much more reliable than its German counterparts.

Probably won't out handle the F30, but is much, much closer, as is the new Infiniti, and the new Cadillacs, and likely new products from Acura as well.

BMW has its hands full, and again many have said it has slipped a bit, especially with the current 5 series....

And Audi sales are going gangbusters....

So my point is, this competition is good for all of us....because the days of Lexus building cars for 70 year olds is changing.

If you haven't driven the new GS, try it....you might not like the styling, but every single review I've read pits it very favorably against the 5 series.

The same may be true with this IS...and we know that the CTS and ATS, even if you don't like their styling, have proven to be reliable, good handling and economical choices to the 3 series, whereas in the past they were a joke.

Things are changing....give Lexus a bit of credit....the new IS is much better than you may think.

Same goes for the new Infiniti.....the are struggling with brand identity, true, but if they hit a home run on a design, and offer it cheaper and more reliably, which they can do better than BMW.....BMW could be in real trouble.

They are getting pressure from all angles, including Audi, the Asians, etc.

I'll bet MB even steals some entry level buyers with its new CLA, although that's FWD.