View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 Jaguar F-Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
i wouldnt necessarily not a buy one. you really have to look into why it was bought back.
I agree but you would probably be taking a huge risk.

In my buyback case, unless the new owner talks directly to me about the problem I experienced, he or she would have no way of knowing exactly what happened by reading the service records.

The problem was documented by the dealer on each visit but the detail does not clearly indicate why the car could not or cannot be fixed. Information was disclosed to me that was not listed on the paper work. The dealer write-up was fairly vague and one would have to assume that the car canít be fixed because it was classified as a lemon.

Luckily BMW took care of my problem without much fight by putting me into a new car. In the future, I would demand that the service paper work reflect a better description to protect me in case the fight for a buyback wasnít so easy and legal action was necessary.

I imagine the fact that the car moved to another state with different lemon laws probably muddies up the ability to get a clear picture of the carís history, especially if that state does not require full disclosure.

2014 Jaguar F-Type S Ebony/Jet
Previous:
2012 535i M Sport Alpine White/Oyster & Black
2011 328i Convertible Mineral White/Oyster & Black
2006 325i Convertible Alpine White/Tan