View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestHouse View Post
The point I made was about the tiny cars makers are forced into when they are trying to get hi mileage without electric assist. Those gas/diesel only cars end up with tiny cabins and gas mower engines. They do not serve the needs of very many people.

A 2012 Prius is a Hybrid and gets 50 MPG combined. A BMW 1 Series 28i gets 33. That's not "slightly less". An Active Hybrid 3 gets 33. Ditto.
Shall I repeat the post about the 320d. The 320d gets BETTER mileage than a Prius, and will outrun one easily with 163hp and a lot of torque. That's no mower engine.

Want more fun? Look at a 123d - a bit more boost, and 204hp and even more torque - and still almost the same mileage as a Pious.

Too bad these cars aren't sold in the USA because the majority believes as you do. I've driven them in Europe, and they're quite fun.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................