Here is what my research has revealed:
Option 752 (BMW Individual High End Audio System) can only be ordered with ZPP – no exceptions. Option 688 (Harman Kardon Surround Sound System) is also available on the M3 Coupe, but as a special order. Pricing for this would be $1175 whsl / $1290 retail. Here is a description of both stereo systems:
Option 688: BMW high-end-speaker system with LOGIC7 signal processing and Surround mode, digital amplifier with vehicle-specific equalizing, 420 W amplifier power, multi-channel.
- 1 centre midrange speaker in the instrument panel
- 2 tweeters with 'harman/kardon' designation in the mirror triangles
- 2 midrange speakers in door trims (basic equipment)
- 2 central bass speakers under the front seats (basic equipment)
- 2 tweeters in side trims at the rear
- 2 midrange speakers in side trim at the rear (basic equipment)
- 2 midrange speakers in the rear parcel shelf
Option 752: digital 9-channel amplifier with digital sound processing, amplifier power 825 W with a total of 16 high-end loudspeakers (Neodym magnetic drives, hexacone diaphragm):
- 1 coaxial centre speaker (2-loudspeaker system consisting of tweeters and midrange speaker) in instrument panel centre
- 1 tweeter (silk tweeters) in each mirror triangles
- 1 midrange speaker in the trim panels of each rear door
- 1 bass speakers underneath each front seat
- 1 coaxial speaker (2-loudspeaker system consisting of tweeters and midrange speaker) below rear parcel shelf
- 2 midrange speakers and 2 tweeters on each side at the rear
DIRAC Live technology enables perfectly timed sound experience in all seats, colour-matched loudspeaker bezels. Setting for sound, stereo or spatial sound (Dolby Pro Logic II) and 7-band equalizer via iDrive
Order your 2016 BMW Today!
• BIMMERFEST FOUNDER
Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • Home of the "No-Hassle BIMMERFEST Internet Special"