View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
As I recall, the median age of a Corvette buyer is 53, just a couple years older than BMW buyers. We are talking, what, 3% more grey hair?

Regardless of the buyer's age, a lot of Corvettes are seriously driven on the track, autoX, twisty country roads. There are sure a lot of them at events for a car of which only about 35,000 are made a year.

Very few live boring, stultifying lives of taking the wife to the mall and the kid to soccer practice.
The average age of the buyers of most expensive sports cars (Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche 911) tends to range from the late 40s to the late 50s. For most owners this is the second or third car. People that are in a financial position to pay $65,000 or (much) more for a hobby car tend to be older. Additionally Baby Boomers constitute a large portion of the population and are the most affluent group. Cars like Corvettes and Porsche 911s have huge appeal to Baby Boomers. Many of them have wanted one since they were teenagers and are now in a financial position to purchase one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
If they build a vette with decent backseats, you will see many vette drivers with "boring" lives too
I doubt they will ever build a Corvette with back seats. Certainly not in the foreseeable future.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory

Last edited by captainaudio; 01-17-2013 at 04:13 PM.