View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3brian View Post
It is now the bulb I originally suspected. It is one of the force braking bulbs in the hatch behind the led lights. I suspect the bulb is fine, but it has worked loose from the bulb housing/circuit board from opening and closing the hatch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercourse View Post
If you have ruled out the brake force display by having someone watch as you brake sharply from high speed, it could be a (marginally) working bulb with high resistance.
Well I haven't had the warning light for about 5 days now. Don't know whether that's a good sign or a bad sign though.

What I'm understanding from X3brian and Supercourse is that there's a filament bulb behind the LED display that is the force braking indicator. I'm not sure I've really checked that out. I assumed the light would vary in intensity as I increased my force on the brake pedal when the car is parked, and that's what I tried to test. But Supercourse is saying you really have to do a fast stop from high speed, which I'm really not going to try to test.

I'm understanding that there is a filament bulb behind the LED display wherever the brake lights are, so on the left and right in the main rear light assembly, and in the center higher up on the tailgate. Anywhere else?