View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Of course that was a joke.

It is good to see you actually had the opportunity to sit in that sport seat, how did it feel?

I was watching the Car and Driver Roundtable Recap video, hearing the editors talking about the new Vette as the focal point of the Detroit show, complained about not allowed to sit in the new Vette with the sport seats, only the regular seats. So they could tell those seats looked great, but could not tell us whether they were nice to sit in.
I found the interior to be a pleasant environment and the seats to be comfortable. Of course it is very different to sit in a stationary car and to drive it but my impression was very favorable. The interior quality was very good (and so was the interior of the 1953 car that was on display). It seemed as the Corvette progressed the interior got cheaper but it appears that they have corrected that,
Since it was a private, invitation only, event the crowd was manageable and everyone got to bet a good look at the cars. They did not allow us to sit in the classics that were on display. My favorites were the 1953, a virtually identical 1954 and a 1965 396 Sting Ray Coupe.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International)
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 01-17-2013 at 10:10 PM.