View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
I think the first produced Corvette is owned by Kerbeck and is on display at their Chevy dealership in Atlantic City, NJ. If I'm not mistaken. Corvette #2 was owned by Skip Miller of the Carlisle Fairgrounds in Calisle, PA. Skip passed away a few years ago and the family now owns it. I've seen it on display at the Corvettes at Carlisle show.

The rear of the C7 is starting to grow on me. Like someone previously mentioned, the rear of the C6 looked unfinished. I didn't particularly like it either. But, Corvettes have always had round tail lights, and these that look like the Camaro, are drawing much criticism from the long term Corvette community. (just like when GM did away with the hideaway head lights in the C6 for European style fixed head lights.)

The interior layout really looks similar to what was in my ZO6 except for the two toned color scheme and the updated displays. The seats look more bolstered which is a good thing. To drive spririted around corners, I would have to lock the seatbelt to keep from sliding out of my seat because there was very little in the way of seat bolsters. A GM exec told me at a show that I attended a couple of years ago, that GM did not provide more aggressive bolsters because many of their older customers could not fit properly (older broader guys). They also tried to save weight and some money by not offering electric adjustable seat bolsters.

GM also needs to keep their cost down so people can afford to buy Corvettes. There is a monster performance car under the body shell. Most Corvette owners only care about how the car performs, as opposed to all of the creature comforts. The more GM adds to the Corvette, the higher the price tag. The C6 ZO6 was already pushing $100,000.

I read one guys post in the Corvette Forum where he wanted (on top of what the C7 already has) extended leather interior, alcantera and carbon fiber accents, 475 HP, a better GPS system, and better looking wheels - all for under $55,000. Good Luck! Some people have no idea of value.

PS: there are extra storage bins under the rear cargo space carpet. The Corvette coupe has always had a lot of rear storage space. Not so much for the convertible.

Current Stablemates:
'14 MB GL450; '12 Porsche 911 GTS Cabriolet (MT); '11 BMW E93 335is (DCT); '11 BMW E90 M3 (MT); '11 Audi S4 (DSG); '08 BMW E60 535xi; '08 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Favorite Cars Gone But Not Forgotten:
'09 Corvette ZO6; '04 MB S600; '01 BMW 740iL; '01 Corvette; '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2; '89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer; '79 BMW 320i; '79 MB 300D; '71 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400; '67 MG Midget