View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertronic View Post
I admit to reading posts that relate to this topic, but I want to share my satisfaction with the Dealership and the performance of my engine.

The sensor went bad and was leaking oil through the seal in and around the sensor. My car is 10K past the warranty (60K miles). The dealership performed the repair under a "goodwill" exception. The SA told me that the repair is normally $1800. They a lot the technician 8.5 hours of labor for this repair.

Not only was the repair free, I also have a car that runs much better at low rpm's. Now I will get to see if mpg improves. I should knock on wood. Hopefully I won't have a costly service need in the near future. My anticipation is something like brakes (my brakes are Original) or suspension will get me. I replaced a crack rear spring on my 2002 325xi.

Isn't is refreshing to hear about a positive service experience coming out of the dealership?
What symptoms did you have? Was it just an SES light or was the engine running weird?
Let us know how the repair effects performance and fuel mileage. My engine has been behaving strangely of late and the dealer's software update did nothing.