View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:52 AM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
For cross reference, sources for and discussion about the cold weather dipstick tube guide are over here today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNMNL52 View Post
Preparing to replace my CCV system and getting the parts in order. As a preventive measure, based on comments here in this forum, I believe it is wise to replace the dipstick tube. The replacement oil dipstick tube part number on RealOEM.com is 11437531258 - costing about $75.00. I have read about the new improved BMW dipstick tube part number 11437565437 - costing about $145.00. This new part is NOT listed on RealOEM.com. My dealer does not have a listing for this new PN. I looked it up on several parts websites through Furiousmethod.com (awesome website) and the new tube is classified as a cold climate dipstick tube and many have it in stock. I am replacing my CCV system with a regular design not cold weather design CCV. My question is will the new so called "cold climate" dipstick tube adapt and fit with the regular CCV hose system?