View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
You point is noted.
One point of note, we don't make the bumpers in China, we make them with high quality Germany injection molding machines using high end polymers (like those from GE etc.)
China is known for making plastics out of recycled parts so they are less resilient and strong.
In the plastics world they talk about "resins" not polymers.

There is nothing wrong with molding plastics in China or anywhere else for that matter. Where a part is molded says nothing about the process. Some of the most sophisticated plastic molded parts in the world are done in China and Taiwan. Try the iPhone case, or Laptop computers, or television cabinets.

Whether the part is molded in China, Vietnam, Hong Kong or Miami, if a high quality mold (well designed with proper drafts, cooling, reliefs, wall thicknesses and knockoffs is run in any decent quality injection molding machine (doesn't have to be German - US, Japanese and now even Chinese are making high quality molding machines) is run using virgin engineered resins the part will be exactly the same.

I agree if you use poor quality material or too high a percentage of regrind you loose the properties of the plastic.

I examined the part your company manufactures before it was painted, and hung not once but twice on my car (due to the improper fit of the foam pieces. I was highly impressed at the quality of the part. And the personnel at the body shop said in comparison to other aftermarket bumper covers they had used it was far above the average product.

There were no short shot, no visible knock-out marks, no abrasion suggesting the part was hanging up in the tool and no warping, suggesting the cooling is well designed and possibly that you are using fixtures to hang the part on after it is kicked out of the mold. That is a big piece of plastic and the base for that tool is a monster.

Good part but bad presentation. Your website is horrible and confusing. And what is all the mention about polypropylene? It is everywhere on your website. Whoever wrote the copy knows nothing about selling engineering plastic products.