View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 Audi Q5 3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbbuilt View Post
I'm amazed at all the griping and complaining about the ASS feature in this thread. Y'all test drove the vehicle before purchasing/leasing... ASS was demonstrated. If ASS is such a problem, why did you buy the X1?

It took me awhile to get accustomed to it and using it has become second nature for me. As Mullini mentions above, If I know I need to accelerate briskly from a stop, modulating the brake ever so slightly disables ASS.

Vince.
I think you've missed the point. To me there's nothing wrong with the system. Yes, it was demonstrated and worked to my satisfaction. I can't speak for others, but my only concern with the system is that it defaults to ON with every start up. This was NOT conveyed to me during the test drive and I didn't think to ask About it. The system, IMO, should default to OFF. I don't always want the SS to be working and it's an annoyance when the car shuts off when one doesn't want it to.
Griping and complaining?? More like owners expressing displeasure with an annoyance.
And, FWIW, a single test drive isn't enough to cover everything(good or bad) on every car. You needn't be amazed...it's not that big of a deal.

HaveBulldogWillTravel
English Bulldog Rescue
2015 Rally Red Civic Si Coupe...STOCK!
2013 X1 xDrive28i, Min. White, Sand, UP, LP, M-Sport, HK, Heated Seats, Satellite
Cross Bars
Invisihitch
2006 Mazda Miata GT Winning Blue, FM Supercharged, Axial Flow SSK, FM Stage 2 Susp, Goodwin exhaust, Enkei PF01