View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Missing German roads

Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
Sure, mention another car & train museum, and they look really worth while.

Looks like we might leave a day early so hopefully that will help a little, but even with that, items will have to be cut out. I think too that skipping Ulm and seeing our friends on the train trip down would be a good way to avoid that big loop, but I've heard there are a lot of good things to see in that area.

So to throw this out as a 'master all inclusive plan' that we'll have to chissle down from.

And here are the two google maps (had to break it into two to get around googles 27 point limit)

Part 1

Part 2

Most likely items to drop:
Schellenberg (Though is the Alpenstrasse so great and unique that it's worth not driving through much of Austria?)
Alpine Coaster (Would be fun as the local alpine coaster isn't very large)
Ulm (Amazing church, but hopefully we'll run into another as massive and ornate)
Romatik Hotel Markustrum (This looked like a great town so it will be sadly missed)

My father also spent most of his time between Freiburg and Reutlingen so he'll want a day or two around there and that can't be cut.

Next step will be to figure out how much we can realistically do each day and plan days out (best we can as reality and planning don't always match). The point made about driving in the morning and everything closing around 6pm is very likely, I think we'll have to do things in the morning, drive after we're done seeing things and then stay at a hotel near what we'll be doing the next day so we can hit things before they close.

Last edited by edx1; 01-18-2013 at 02:24 PM.