View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
WOW! Almost 2,000 miles of driving in 7 days. You are literally going to have 1 hour in each of your stops max.

Remember Austria and Switzerland require vignettes to drive in the country and unlike Austria which allows you to buy a multiday version, you must purchase an annual vignette for Switzerland. If you do a search for Switzerland on this forum you will see many people that liked going but say if they could do it again they would skip it.

The alsace region of France is absolutely incredible. Besides the amazing car and train museums, you have the Route de Vin which is as it says, the wine road. The area, as your dad is aware I am sure, was constantly being exchanged between Germany and France and has a very unique culture all its own. Kind of the best of both worlds if you ask me. As stated before I was recommended the Kanzel Hotel in the Colmar area and I can also recommend it wholeheartedly to you. It is a great location. Also if you are a food buff you must eat at Auberge D'Ill. A 3 star michelin restaurant and it has held those stars since 1960 which is extremely rare. But they are closed Monday and tuesday. Just fyi.

The yelllow section (part 1) is enough to do in 7 days alone. I know you are set on Nurburgring. How rooted are you in heading east before you go west? If you skip Austria that will save almost 400 miles.